Why did I choose Teaching Mathematics

There is a saying Learn from your mistakes , using this as a backdrop let me tell you or share with you my thought process of why I chose Teaching Mathematics as my profession. from beginning mathematics was my favorite subject.  In school I excelled in mathematics but in Higher secondary in spite of putting my full efforts' I scored really unexpected.  Post this I did introspect as to why I scored less marks in my HSC exams was it something to do with my methods of learning or my teachers.  I realized it was a mixture of both.  I wanted to genuinely take up teaching as a profession that too in mathematics and prove myself.

I selected B.Sc. in Mathematics and computer application as my major in graduation. Since my second year in college I was topper in my college for mathematics and this strengthened my confidence that I can embark on this journey of becoming a mathematics teacher.  I was a ranker at graduation in Goa University. So for better and competitive education my teachers suggested I should go for Pune University or Mumbai University for my post graduation.

During my learning in Pune University I was blessed with superb and excellent teachers who not only helped me in gaining knowledge about Mathematics but also enhanced my skills of how to look at a problem and how to approach it and solve it.  This was something that propelled my interest of being a teacher.  I secured Gold Medal in my post graduation and immediately got an opportunity to teach in one of India's oldest and premium institute Fergusson College.

Here my teaching journey actually started.


Comments

  1. Well expressed snd very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are too lucky and extremely honored to have a teacher like you.πŸ’«

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Aai you are the best teacher I know personally cause if I don't get anything you help me understand it love you Pratha .D ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Manisha feeling proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. Do suggest for improvement will post in sometime my experiences in the journey of teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful... and that decision of yours came as a blessing for us😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Engg Maths wouldn't have been so easy if it wasn't for you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great decision Mam...
    The best in you will bring out the best in us.
    Thankyou for greater support Mam

    ReplyDelete
  9. No need of coaching classes, when you get such g8 teacher πŸ™Œ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really, mam teaches very well no dout in that 😊and also encourages every student to do more better

    ReplyDelete
  11. Humare teacher kaise ho?????

    Manisha Ma'am ke jaise ho 😍😍

    We are blessed by The Supreme one to have you as not our teacher, but our mentor and guide as well ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment